Political thugs not #EndSARS protesters attacked me, says Oyetola

Bola Bamigbola, Osogbo

Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola on Sunday said the #EndSARS protest in Osogbo, the state capital was hijacked by suspected political thugs.

The state police command confirmed the death of two people during the protest.

Oyetola in a state broadcast said suspected political thugs attacked him at the scene of the protest at Olaiya Junction and not youths protesting brutality by the defunct SARS operatives.

He said the incident would be investigated with a view to bringing the perpetrators to book.

He said, “The attempt which was carried out by political thugs was pre-planned and our government shall investigate the matter with a view of bringing the perpetrators of this heinous act to book.

“As the Chief Security Officer of the state, we shall ensure that lives and properties of our people shall be protected and anybody found culpable of causing unrest shall be made to face the wrath of the law.”

News Source:

8 Likes

This is just a cover-up so he will not be held responsible for killing those two people.

7 Likes

Thorough investigation should be carried out for them to track the political thugs and bring them to book.

7 Likes

This is not an attack based on politics, but an attack from your angry citizens that were not allowed to protest in peace.
They were attacked on a daily basis and you did nothing about it.

5 Likes

They should have killed you.

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: who else watched the video?
Ven with his army convoy the guy took off like someone who stole from the bank.

3 Likes

I did too but in the end they ran over two civilians.

3 Likes

It’s been a while oooo.
Let me drop fact even if Martins might come and say rubbish.

1 Like

The “protesters” had no right to attack someone of that caliber. He is still their Governor a d they say charity begins at home,. If they can’t respect the number one citizen in the state, then how are they gonna respect themselves by the time SARS is kicked to a curb.

I no go answer the idiot this evening. I get something more important to do.